Sunday, November 29, 2009

Hot & Sweet Drumsticks



Tonight I tried a yummy recipe that The Pioneer Woman (Ree Drummond) found over at the Tasty Kitchen.
It's called Hot & Sweet Drumsticks by Terri.

BTW: Y'all do know by now how much I love love The Pioneer Woman's blog?!
Ree is so awesome!
I've tried several of her recipes and I've loved every single one of them.
mmMmmm!!
I've got her book too - you can grab it over at Amazon.com.

I would've never thought to mix these particular ingredients together: apricot preserves, soy sauce, minced garlic, ketchup, and hot sauce heated then poured over drumsticks and the whole concoction is popped in the oven.
Strange combination, huh?
But oh so good!
The only thing I did a little different than the recipe was add two extra teaspoons of hot sauce and I seasoned the chicken with just a little Tony C's before adding the hot & sweet sauce.

I'm from South Louisiana - we like it spicy!!

I think next time I'll cook it without the skins to cut back on the grease.

It was very, very easy to put together - especially if you've been sick and have a stuffy head and headache like I've had all day today - UGH!
Prep time is next to nothing, and cook time is anywhere between 40 minutes to 'round a hour - depending on your oven.
Cleanup is a breeze too - use a non-stick pan.

I served it with rice and tiny buttery sweet peas - delicious!
Serenity ate it up - hurray!
In case you were wondering, it wasn't too spicy for her at all - she's a tiny mini-me and she likes her food with a little kick too!

Now back to my Star Wars marathon (the original ones) on Spike TV.

Have fun!


StumbleUpon.com

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Darn! I was looking for a new recipe for this week about 3 hours ago! Lol... I'll add this to my list for next week. Thanks for sharing, looks delicious! (I'll prob add the extra spice too!...lol!)

Carole Powell said...

Sounds yummy! And I LOVE the easy prep work.

Forever Owen said...

Thanks for sharing the recipe! Mmm, Tony C's goes with everything! Yep! I'm a southern girl!

Heather said...

At the risk of sounding like a complete fool, what is hot pepper sauce?

Related Posts with Thumbnails