Monday, July 20, 2009

Electronics For Kids


Two Christmases ago, I bought a Samsung Mini-DVD player for my friend's two little girls, Bethany and Kelsey. It came with a free Looney Toons DVD, 4 re-chargable batteries and a battery recharger (the batteries last about the length of one movie). I got all that for only $24.85 plus shipping - good deal, huh?! I bought an extra one to keep at the house - and then pretty much forgot about it.

POST-IT NOTE: If you're interested, can Google "Samsung Hand Held Mini DVD Player" and get around 585,000 hits! Lots of online stores still sell them for some decent prices.

We're going on a Carnival Cruise this weekend, and I've been trying to decide if I was going to pack Serenity's portable DVD player she uses in the truck. Serenity loves watching her movies, but I have to be careful not to over pack so I wasn't sure if I should bring it. Then just a few days ago, I remembered I had that little player! It's small and it wouldn't take up much room in her bag!

Cool player for older toddlers & kids!

The problem is it will only play Mini-DVDs - which, as you can imagine, can be pretty hard to find. You can find some Mini-DVD movies online at Amazon, but I don't think I've seen them in the stores!

Tricky, tricky!

No worries - I've found a solution! You can make backup copies of all of your child's DVDs to Mini-DVDs by using DVD Shrink! It's a great program that's been around forever, plus it's Freeware! For a step-by-step guide on how to make copies of your DVDs to Mini-DVDs, click HERE. Blank Mini-DVDs are pretty easy to find too!

Moving on...

Below is picture of a pair of pink headphones with a built-in MP3 player by Sony. It's a pretty cool Headphone-Style Walkman that I think would be great for an older toddlers and little kids. Serenity likes to play with my MP3 player all the time - but she's always messing with the buttons (accidentally turning it off), my ear buds don't fit her ears, and the cord is always getting in her way. So she ends up getting really frustrated because it won't work right for her.

The kiddie ones are cute but, well too kiddie. And they don't look anything like Mommy's!

I saw these at Target a couple of weeks ago (my link actually sends you to Amazon), and I'm seriously thinking about getting it for her. I like the concept - and no buttons for her to fiddle with while she's listening to the music, no cord to get in her way, and maybe these would stay on better if I use the smallest ear bud attachment. Hmm... maybe!

I'll update this post if I decide to get it for Serenity!

Have fun!

StumbleUpon.com

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails